Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sewing Along

A little friendly motivation was needed to get me in gear to finish this project. Just browsing at all the pretty tops in the spring top sew along was hugely inspiring; possibly so inspiring it could be considered borderline peer pressure. Anyone else sewing along?
This top was based off the darling ranges pattern, which coincidentally is also having a sew along. The neckline was raised, and I cut the skirt piece to be more narrow and top length. The fabric is a light grayish sage color and kind of matches my living room walls perfectly.
I made this after feeling a little too under dressed for the preschool party circuit. It is simple and airy, and I am kind of loving my favorite detail, the little petals along the neckline.

12 comments:

Cirque Du Bebe said...

Gorgeous! I love that it still says spring without florals and such a neat idea to use darling ranges pattern.

Mel said...

what a lovely top! and such a great colour

kristin said...

Totally gorgeous, but so day-to-day wearable too. I'm sure you'll get a lot of use out of this top. So glad you're sewing along! :)

Alison F. said...

So pretty and feminine! I was actually shirt shopping the other day and came away sorely disappointed. All the sew along designs have me thinking I may just make a few though. Thanks for sharing.

betsy said...

Love your take on the Darling Ranges pattern - I'm feel inspired (and more than peer-pressured, for sure!).

lathelize said...

Very cute and very versatile!

Erin said...

love this- i love the color and the sweet neckline... man, you're good!!!

Just Ma said...

Luv it. Casual, comfy, and appropriate for all activities. Certainly not a dress down shirt--Just perfect.
Glad you are taking the time to sew and blog again.
Love, Ma

liza jane said...

So very pretty! The sage color is gorgeous. Great, great top.

Vanessa said...

So pretty and practical! I LOVE IT!

Tara said...

So pretty and airy. It makes me want to drink iced tea on a porch swing!

karyn said...

what a brilliant idea to make this as a shirt. i'm going to do that for sure. yours is adorable and i love the inside bias detail.